modem notification.

Peter Gutmann peter.gutmann at db.com
Thu Apr 29 22:04:00 CEST 2004

If you are connecting from a UNIX box. You could use tip (or cu  these are
Unix commands) or perhaps even Kermit assuming a Unix box.
----
Peter Gutmann
Peter.Gutmann at db.com

"Dycus, Eric" <eric.dycus at mvs-na.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
04/29/2004 03:40 PM

        To:     "'nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'"
<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
        cc:
        Subject:        [Nagios-users] modem notification.

I have looked and loked and tried and tired. Now I need help.
Looking for a way that to make Nagios dial a modem as part of the
notification.
I just want it to dial a number and make the phone ring.
I used wvdial and it works but everytime I put it in the script
miscommands to run it doesn't ( I'm guessing because it want to send
output to the screen ans can't)

here is my miscommands

# 'notify-by-epager' command definition
define command{
command_name notify-by-epager
command_line /usr/bin/wvdial wvdial --config /etc/wvdial.conf
}
It will email no problem and the above setup isn't working....

Help?

Eric

*******************Internet Email Confidentiality

Privileged and Confidential Information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you
or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this
kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do
not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it.