extended information

James jwhittington at excelorant.com
Thu Apr 29 16:15:28 CEST 2004

In the cgi.cfg file put the following line the main_config_file line.
(replacing HostExtInfo.cfg with whatever yours is called)

xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/HostExtInfo.cfg

In my case there is no synchronization between the logo file that show
up in Nagmin and the one that are used by nagios.  Your logos need to
be  under nagios "images/logo" folder (in my case
/usr/share/nagios/images/logos) for them to show up.

At the moment if I introduce new logos I have to copy them to both the
webmin/nagmin/images/logos folder and to the nagios images/logos folder.

Status map images need to be in gd2 format to show up.

By the way my current config is on Fedora, usings Dags RPMS, and using
nagmin for the configuration interface.

I haven't looked over the Nagmin Portal piece yet, I'm just happy about
the flexiblity having configs in a database gives you.

It's working for me to the point that I'm close to shutting down my Big
Brother instances who continue to plague me with network check purple
problems.

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 09:32, Jason Byrns wrote:
> Paul.Fiero at ci.austin.tx.us wrote:
> [snip]
>
>  > I am trying to get extended host and service information to display in
>  > Nagios.  I am using Nagmin to do my configuration stuff and have only
> come
>  > to realize just now that Nagios doesn't utilize the hostextinfo or
>  > serviceextinfo config files.  So I started doing some digging...even
>  > experimenting with the cgi.cfg fie and I still can't get those stupid
> icons
>  > to show up.
>

> I have also been trying to set up the extended info within Nagios.  I
> have also been using Nagmin recently.  It does look like the cgi.cfg is
> where it will have to go, but I haven't made it work yet myself.
>
> I found some evidence in the list archives that you can put a one-line
> reference to your hostextinfo.cfg file, from within your cgi.cfg file.
> But I also saw others responding saying that didn't work either.
>
> I'm coming to the end of a complete reinstall, which I just haven't had
> time to do lately.  I have another server, a freshly installed linux
> (Fedora) and am going back through the steps of setting up Nagios and
> then Nagmin.  I'll report back if I get any further than before. (Before
> == Nagios and Nagmin working fine in a basic sense, but some of the
> features not yet up and running.  Like extended info.  Or Nagmin's
> portal.  ...Or Nagmin's notification aggregator thing.)

James Whittington
Systems Administrator

Excelorant, LLC
A TM Floyd Affiliate Company