Scheduling 'feature' after a break in a timeperiod

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 07:04:53 CEST 2004

Hi all,

We have configured a 24x7 timeperiod, which excludes our regular network
maintenance night on Wednesday, from 2200 Wednesday to 0500 Thursday.

We currently have 1350 services running on one server. I was doing some
maintenance last night and noticed that after 2200 Wednesday night, all
service checks get their next check scheduled at 0500 Thursday morning.
Obviously this is according to our configuration, but that means that
all... service... checks run at 0500 Thursday morning :P It doesn't appear
to have been a problem yet, as we hadn't noticed the spike on Thursday
mornings... in fact check_load hasn't reported a spike at all.

The above behavior is according to our configuration, but a patch that
'removed' the break in the timeperiod, i.e. future service checks were
scheduled as if the break in the timeperiod wasn't there (in our example
above, checks were scheduled at 0500, 0501, 0503 etc instead of all at
0500), and that could be toggled for a given service/timeperiod, would that
be useful?

TIA,

=================================
Greg Vickers