configuration help on remote hosts

anil kamath amk_dude at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 07:35:58 CEST 2004

hi

i have installed nagios at our corporate office to
monitor various services. I the installation was
pretty successful and also have done the configuration
of various files. now when i get nagios to monitor
various services on the network, the ping, pop, http,
smtp works fine, but the check_local_users and process
monitoring only monitors local processes where the
nagios is installed. I am using Redhat 9.0. i have
done everything right. I have also installed the nrpe
daemon on the remote host.
My question is do i have to run the daemon on all the
remote hosts that i need to monitor!! how do i pass
parameters to check_nrpe to check the diskspace and
processes on the remote system. Please help me its
very Urgent. o i have to make any changes in the local
configuration file and what changes do i have to make
in the nrpe.cfg. is it safe to run the nrpe daemon as
an xinetd service????.
please reply !!!

Regards,
Anil