Notifications not happening

Upayavira uv at upaya.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 23:10:48 CEST 2004

I feel like I'm soooo close...

I've got the following in services.cfg:
define service{
        host_name                       roy
        service_description             HTTP
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              999
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  internet-team
        notification_interval           1
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http!roy!80!/myapp
        }

and in checkcommands.cfg:

define command{
        command_name    check_http
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $ARG1$ -p $ARG2$ -u $ARG3$
        }

in misccommands.cfg:

define command{
        command_name    notify-by-sms
        command_line    /bin/date >> /home/web/bin/sms.log
        }

in contactgroups.cfg:

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       internet-team
        alias                   Internet Team
        members                 upayavira
        }

and in contacts.cfg:

define contact{
        contact_name                    upayavira
        alias                           Upayavira
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-sms,notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands
host-notify-by-sms,host-notify-by-email
        email                           upayavira at xyz.com
        pager                           071234556
        }

Now, as far as I can see, when I shut down Apache on server Roy, I
should get a notification by email to upayavira at xyz.com, and the current
date/time appended to /home/web/bin/sms.log (just to prove that
something is happening).

This should happen every minute or so (as I set the intervals to 1). But
I haven't been getting any nofications at all, by email or into my text
file.

Can anyone see anything?

I feel like I'm sooo close to understanding this!

Thanks, Upayavira