Monitoring Redundant path routers

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Apr 26 20:51:06 CEST 2004

There are two plugins available to do what you want. I believe that the
names are check_ifstatus and check_ifoperstatus. check_ifstatus will
check status of an individual router interface, while check_ifoperstatus
monitors all interfaces in a router to determine if any are
administratively up but operationally down. Not sure what type of gear
you're using, but I think these checks may be for Cisco only.
Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)