Monitoring Redundant path routers

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Mon Apr 26 20:33:40 CEST 2004

This can be done.  You will have to configure the dependencies so that
Nagios knows the relationships (from viewpoint of nagios)

I think perhaps that you will need to have different objects to represent
the individual interfaces since the paths to router3 are assymetrical.  We
have some remote networks that have multiple routers, and this is the
easiest we've found to accomodate them.  The same method can be used if you
have multiple links from ISPs coming into one router.

           Nagios

          Router2
       (192.168.1.1)

            / \