AW: AW: Compiling Nagios-Plugins on AIX

Schaffranneck, Sven (K-DOI-5/4) sven.schaffranneck at volkswagen.de
Mon Apr 26 10:07:10 CEST 2004

Hello,

> > > Are you sure that the gettext development libraries are installed
> > > and available?
> >
> >  well, i thought the gettext-libraries were compilied by
> > nagios-plugins in subdir ./intl/*. Apart from this, i compiled and
> > installed gettext (and liconv) to /usr/Tivoli/nagios/local and give the
> > configure-script following option:
> >
> > ./configure --with-included-gettext=/opt/Tivoli/nagios/local/include
> > --with-libiconv-prefix=/opt/Tivoli/nagios/local/
> > --with-libintl-prefix=/opt/Tivoli/nagios/local/
>
> I can'tbe sure if your followup led to success or not. You
> say what you
> did, you don't say if it helped.
> If you are still working on this, may I ask if you are using GNU make?

I killed my AIX on Friday, so i had to work some time to reinstall it :-)
Meanwhile i compiled the nagios-plugins-1.4alpha1 on AIX5.2, only the
Plugins-Scripts create errors while compiling. I don't use them, so it's not
very critical.
The main Problem was the wrong path to the gettext-includes. Thanks for your
help!

Greets Sven