Nagiosmap.pl ?

Jason Byrns jason-sourceforge at microlnk.net
Thu Apr 22 18:27:04 CEST 2004

Good morning to all.

I've been starting to use Nagios more and more lately.  I recently
noticed the "Extra stuff" downloads, and the Perl script to lay out the
status map in particular.  But I haven't gotten it to work yet.  Can
anyone offer advice or assistance?

I have a test server I set up, formatted and installed Fedora (Core 1),
then added Nagios and plugin RPMs.  Nagiosmap.pl is only available
through CVS according to the website link, so it's hard to say how
complete the program is right now.  (Maybe all done, maybe fairly beta,
I can't tell...)

Nagiosmap's README cites several requirements.  Perl is already
installed, of course.  I used CPAN to install the other modules --
Tk::FileDialog, Locale::gettext, and File::Basename -- but Perl-Tk
itself throws up a few errors after compiling.  (A few of its tests
didn't give the expected results.  Something like 99% success, maybe
even more, like 99.78% or something)  So I tried installing an RPM for
perl-Tk instead (perl-Tk-804.026-7.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm).

Now when I run the program, I can see it open the window for a few
moments, but then it dies with the following error:
[root at localhost jason]# perl nagiosmap.pl
can't make ".filedialog" its own master at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Submethods.pm
line 37.
  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Tk/FileDialog.pm line 470

Any easy solutions here?  Any help you can offer would be greatly
appreciated!