Service notifications when host is down

Ben Whaley Benjamin.Whaley at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 22 17:44:39 CEST 2004

 > The only time I ever had this problem was because my notification
 > commands were broken.  Nagios uses different notification commands for

Well, I'm definitely using some custom notification scripts but I don't
think that is the problem. Notifications work fine. The problem is that
I'm getting notifications from service checks that return CRITICAL when
I shouldn't - the host is down.

Any other thoughts on this issue folks? Sounds like several people are
running into the same behavior.

Ben