check_mailq usage

Alan Murrell alan at zoolink.net
Fri Apr 16 22:18:21 CEST 2004

MessageHi Drew,

> gentoo1 nagios # /usr/nagios/libexec/check_mailq -w 5 -c 10
/usr/nagios/libexec/check_mailq line 110.
/usr/nagios/libexec/check_mailq line 110.
 > | mailq =
> Use of uninitialized value in exit at /usr/nagios/libexec/check_mailq line
111.

I had the same issue, and I believe I resolved it by getting the latest
version of check_mailq from CVS.

> also the mailq that I wish to check IS on a different host, how would I
specify that?

You will need to run NRPE on the remote host, and configure it with the
appropriate check_command for the mailq.  Then on the Nagios host, you do
the check with the check_nrpe plugin.

So the check_mailq is actually being done locally on the host you wish to
check, but is actually being run by the check_nrpe plugin on the Nagios
host.

HTH.

Alan Murrell