historical data

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Apr 15 22:00:14 CEST 2004

________________________________

programstatus, servicestatus.
>Those tables, have a lot of information only when nagios is working.
>Others tables still maintain the data like programretention,
serviceretention.
>Is it normal?

Yes

>Does it a bug?

No

>Does nagios keep the historical information in mysql database?

No, flat files only and typically only for state changes, not each check
(nagios.log and archives/*). The information in hoststatus,
programstatus and servicestatus is just 'last check' values. There are
ways of maintaining history in a database, but they are not implemented
as part of the core distribution, nor are they supported by the CGI's.
There has been discussion of this on the mailling list in the past 30
days if you wanted to research further.

--
Marc