NAGAT acting funky

TIM MOORE MOORET10 at odjfs.state.oh.us
Thu Apr 15 15:36:14 CEST 2004

I have had Nagios and Nagat working well for some time now.  I am running Version 1.1.  Lately, we have had 2 switches and a router from one particular site that keep removing themselves from a hostgroup when we make other changes through Nagat.  If we run a Check Config after making changes through Nagat it will tell us that these certain hosts are not assigned to any hostgroup or service.  But we never removed them!  We have to go back to the hostgroup (in Nagat) and re-add them.  The funky thing is that they are still in the hostgroup in the hostgroups.cfg in Nagios.  It does not happen all the time and only happens with this one site's switches and router.  Has anyone had any kind of inconsistencies like this?

Tim Moore
DNS/Linux/Cisco Admin
ODJFS