nagios reports "connection refused by host" but command line execution works fine.

Darian Hickman darian311 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 23:33:17 CEST 2004

Nagios reports "Connection refused by host" in the web
page it generates for one of our solaris servers that
is running nrpe.  However when I run check_nrpe -c
check_log ... on the nagios server command line, it
gives me a valid count for my query.
I had to set the timeout to 60 for check_nrpe because
the check_log plugin takes a while to process, but
that didn't get rid of the "Connection refused by
host" error.
We are running nagios on a redhat 9 server.  We are
querying a solaris 8 server with nrpe.
Anyone know how to resolve this one?
Also does anyone know how to check exactly what nagios
is executing and when?

=====
--Hick Man -- Rural Superhero
http://www.darianhickman.com