Problem running check_ifoperstatus

Naman Latif naman.latif at inamed.com
Tue Apr 13 22:26:17 CEST 2004

Hi,
I have problems running the check_ifoperstatus from within NAGIOS. It
runs fine from the command line, no error message appears in the log
file. I have run a packet trace and NAGIOS doesn't even try to execute
the plugin (Don't see any SNMP packets). check_ping plugin works fine
without any problem.

Plugin definition is
+++++++++++++++++++++
#Cisco Interface Operational Status Command
define command{
	command_name	check_ifoperstatus
	command_line	$USER1$/check_ifoperstatus -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
$ARG1$ -v $ARG2$ -k $ARG3$
	}
++++++++++++++++++++

Service definition is

+++++++++++++++++++++
define service{
	use				sb-core-service
	host_name			firewall
	service_description	Firewall
	contact_groups		network-admins
	check_command		check_ifoperstatus!xx-xxxx!1!1
	}

Permissions on check_ifoperstatus are

-rwxr-xr-x   1 nagios   nagios     10756 Mar 23 14:50 check_ifoperstatus