apan-sql questions/problems.

Boulytchev, Vasiliy vboulytchev at coinfotech.com
Tue Apr 13 17:05:47 CEST 2004

Ladies and Gents,
	I believe the root of my problem is being a novice.  Let me first
explain you what all has been done to test this issue.  This is what I have
in /tmp/apan.debug:

Somehost.blah:Load, Could not insert '' , '1081867999' into
/usr/local/nagios/rrd/somehost.blah-Load.rrd

	Certainly I made sure that the file was properly created with
apanconf-sql.  I have checked the permissions on the folders, they appear to
be set properly.  I get the usual RRD graphs, after clicking on the service
Load...  I have successfully recompiled status.cgi with the hack to make RRD
graphs appear in the main Nagios screen.
	nagios-statd is running on the remote server, and as a matter of
fact, I have used nagios-stat extensively with the hosts in my network.

	Now, am I misconfiguring some portions?  Not reading enough (most
likely).  I see a great sample page on http://apan.sourceforge.net/.  I
follow your directions, however they do not reflect your new release
apan-sql...  That being said, there is no apan.conf file...  Can someone
please provide a sample config for Load gathering via apan?  It seems that I
am almost there, it just wont write to the file, as stated above.

THANKS!

Vasiliy Boulytchev
Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
http://www.coinfotech.com