connection refused by host

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Apr 13 15:25:30 CEST 2004

yu-ting_liu at agilent.com <mailto:yu-ting_liu at agilent.com> wrote:
> Thanks! I need to assign the monitor server's IP address to
> allow_hosts in nrpe.cfg on client.
>
> Now the passive check LOGS/TRAPS are still pending with complain
> "service check is not scheduled for execution".
>
> So where is the configuration so I can start the passive check? I
> have check the netsaint.cfg, nsca.cfg, send_nsca.cfg......

A passive check means that nagios does nothing (hence passive as opposed
to active). It simply waits for the results to be submitted by some
external application. This is most often used with Distributed
Monitoring and the documentation for that and SNMP Trap integration
should clear up the different roles and processes for you. Since we
don't know what your LOGS/TRAPS services are (i.e. service and command
definitions and how you're implementing them), it's hard to be more
specific than that.

--
Marc