Increase the efficiency of passive checks

Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov
Fri Apr 9 20:45:48 CEST 2004

Interesting, but not quite what I'm looking for. The problem with the named
pipe is that while it is a zero byte file, it does have a limited space in
it's buffer, so I can only write that much in to it before I have to wait
for it to be read by Nagios. Adding another queue on top of that would not
speed up the process, I don't believe, as I am already queueing and writing
to the named pipe as fast as Nagios reads it.

Andrew Hoying

             Jason Martin
             <jhmartin at toger.u
             s>                                                         To
                                       Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov
             04/09/2004 12:42                                           cc
             PM                        nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Nagios-users] Increase the
                                       efficiency of passive checks

A named pipe doesn't have a 'size' per se, it is a 0-width file. However I
think you could use something like 'sweeper' (on the nagios extras page)
to queue up the data for that socket so that Nagios will read larger
chunks of it at a time.

- -Jason Martin