Check_HTTP

Thomas Quinlan corsis_tom at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 22:46:45 CEST 2004

All,

I have a webserver, serving a page called "page.do"
out of /directory/, and on that page is a string
called "string".

When I execute the following on the command line:

/usr/nagios/libexec/check_http -w 5 -c 10 -u
/directory/page.do -s string

it works perfectly, as expected.  If I change "string"
to "somethingelse", I get an error, as expected.

When I add this to a service for a hostgroup in
Nagios:

check_http!-w 5!-c 10!-u /directory/page.do!-s string

It tells me that the page is up.  However, if I change
"string" to "somethingelse", it still tells me that it
is up.

In fact, no matter what I do, it tells me that there
is an HTTP page (even getting rid of the directory).

Can anyone think of why this would happen?

Thanks.

Tom