LDAP Auth

Martin, Kennison kmartin at LTHS.NET
Thu Apr 8 22:30:23 CEST 2004

It reports the proper user name in my config. Make sure you are
authenticating against the actual sbin directory as well as the share
directory. At first I was just authenticating against the share
directory, because apache was configured so that the sbin directory was
aliased as 'cgi-bin' underneath the nagios folder on the webserver. I
had the exact same problem you did, until I added another auth entry for
the 'sbin' folder.

From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Michael
Gaskin
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 2:36 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] LDAP Auth

The auth part works great... Its once you are inside of Nagios it
reports the user as a ?...  Thanks for your help!

>>> "Martin, Kennison" <kmartin at LTHS.NET> 4/8/2004 11:43:01 AM >>>
I use the following to authenticate with active directory and it works
great.

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
Order allow,deny
AuthName "Nagios South"
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPUrl
LDAP://server.local/ou=Technical,dc=server,dc=local?sAMAccounName?sub?
AuthLDAPBindDN cn=apacheuser,cn=users,dc=server,dc=local
AuthLDAPBindPassword ********
Require valid-user
Allow from all
</Directory>

This gives all users in the 'Technical' ou access.