State Stalking Triggers Event Handler

David Barnett DavidB at etobin.com
Thu Apr 8 17:59:58 CEST 2004

I have Nagios set up so any change in state calls my event handler,
which logs important information to a database.  I have enabled state
stalking for some of my services so it will watch the output and log if
the status information changes, even if the state hasn't.  Is there a
way to get the event handler to happen when the output changes even if
the state doesn't?  I am monitoring disk space and the status
information for the service is how much free space is left.  I would
like to log the changes, even if the state stays the same.  How can I do
this?  Thank for any help.

David