Apan Unix Disk Check

Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov
Wed Apr 7 23:05:21 CEST 2004

rrdtool does not allow special characters in the dsname, remove the /
before the www and you should be fine.

Andrew

             "Kaplan, Andrew
             H."
             <AHKAPLAN at PARTNER                                          To
             S.ORG>                    "Nagios-Users (E-mail)"
             Sent by:                  <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
             nagios-users-admi         >
             n at lists.sourcefor                                          cc
             ge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Nagios-users] Apan Unix Disk Check
             04/07/2004 02:28
             PM

I am planning on monitoring our UNIX systems for disk usage. To that end I
wanted to use the apanconf-sql utility
to create an rrd file. I added a service to the services.cfg file called
Disk-usage /www, and made sure the check_command
line read:
                         apan_sql!disk!80!90

I then went to the apanconf-sql utility and entered the following
information:

                         hostname:                     server1
                         Service
Disk-usage /www
                         RRD-file
/usr/local/nagios/rrd/server1-Disk-usage_/www.rrd
                         Graph-label                         Disk-usage
/www
                         Graph-unit                    Percent
                         Step:                                     60
                         Extra rrdtool args:
                         Argument#1:                         /www
                         DS-name:                      /www
                         DS-type           :                       1
(Gauge)
                         heartbeat:                    900
                         Min:                                0
                         Max:                                U
                         Drawing Type:

I then hit enter for the second argument and I got the following error
message:

Error while creating RRD-file: ERROR: can't parse argument
'DS:/www:GAUGE:900:U'
Delete service and try to add it again

What did I do wrong, and how do I correct it?

reporting any issue.