hosts.cfg and ping question

kollasch.drew at bvrmc.org kollasch.drew at bvrmc.org
Wed Apr 7 18:41:29 CEST 2004

Sorry, but that is way off base. Basically how I figured out the reports
weren't right, is that we have a server that reboot at 2AM everyday and
takes approx 45 minutes to come back up. Rather than have to come in and
watch it, I was using the report to see how long it was actually down for.
This was all fine and dandy for a cpl days. After I had gotten some other
things to work (nagios process monitoring, authentication, and added lots of
additional hosts, services etc) the reporting no longer works. I will post
this back to the list as well, so that I don't have to repeat myself.

As far as downtime goes, by scheduling it, I am still not sure if that
counts on the reports as downtime, but that is not an issue in the least
right now.

Drew Kollasch
Network/Desktop Technician
Buena Vista Regional Medical Center