Nagios Install without gd

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Apr 7 15:02:15 CEST 2004

Naman Latif <mailto:naman.latif at inamed.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am installing Nagios on a distributed server. Is it possible to
> install it without using the gd-Libs ?
> Its giving an error during "make all" and since it is a distributed
> server, so I won't be needing gd functionality.
>
> I tried --without-gd, --without-gd-lib  in the ./configure script,
> but it still tries to use gd.

Yes, it's possible and easy. There's actually nothing special that you
need to do at all. If nagios does not find the GD libraries during
configure it simply doesn't compile the trends, statusmap and histogram
cgi's that depend on it. Everything else will compile and install just
fine. What is the error that you are seeing? Maybe passing the
'--disable-statusmap' directive to configure might help.

--
Marc