Problem Getting the APAN Link to Appear in Nagios

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Sat Apr 3 01:50:36 CEST 2004

I can tell you that I create mine with this command:

rrdtool create servername_Ping.rrd -s 300 DS:rtt:GAUGE:900:0:U
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:50400 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:60:43800

on one line, of course.  The -s is optional at 300 as it's the default,
but I like to see it :)

Looking at your info outputs...
I think you have an awfully low heartbeat setting.  If you don't get
multiple returns in one minute, it's discarded.  The default (900) is a
*bit* high, but it's much more sensible to err on the side of too high
and get the data than have tons of drops.

Are you perhaps confusing heartbeats with steps?