Problem Getting the APAN Link to Appear in Nag ios

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Apr 2 22:59:22 CEST 2004

Jeff --

I modified the ownership and permissions on the rrd directory to reflect yours.
I restarted Nagios and the
problem did not go away.

When I ran the command you mentioned: /usr/bin/mysql -u nagios -p apa123 -D
nagios, I first got an 1049 error
that stated the apa123 database was unknown. When I ran the same command minus
the -p option, I got the 1045
error saying access was denied. Finally I ran the commmand with only the -D
option and I got the 1045 error again.

I did a check through Webmin on the nagios sql user and I confirmed the user has
access from the localhost and has
all permissions. I chose localhost when I set the permissions up initially due
to the fact that was the only way I
could get the apanconf-sql utility to be able to write to the database. What
next?