check_snmp problems

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Fri Apr 2 22:23:13 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 13:12, Clint Sulis wrote:
> > Can you run it from the command line *as the nagios user*?
> Yes.  Did you even read my post?  It clearly states that I ran the
> cmmand as the nagios user.

My apologies - my brain skipped that part (I read the top part [running
as root] and the bottom part [the configs]).

I would look at your PATH variable, specifically what it is on
interactive vs. non-interactive logins.  You may not have /usr/local/bin
appended for non-interactive sessions.

You might also look at the latest version of the plugins which may be
different (since you mentioned you're running a more recent Net-SNMP),
but I can't say that's the case for sure.

In that regard - if you compiled your plugins to know where the Net-SNMP
stuff was, and now it's changed, I imagine that could be a problem
(though I'd expect it to manifest on the command line, too...hmm)