Apache on Red Hat Enterprise

Harris, Sam Sam.Harris at fns.usda.gov
Fri Apr 2 17:39:54 CEST 2004

The problem has been that the I get a 404 "access denied" usually I would know  how to solve this issue, I tried the following:

1. made sure the options under <Directory> </Directory> in the httpd.conf are set correctly
2. changed the permissions for the Directory to accommodate the susexec requirements.
3. on one of the attempts disabled susexec and gave the user apache read.write.exec
4. tested the access to the directories using regular user, in which case I was able to.

still I get the same error from the browser.

Thanks for the help

Sam