Kudos for Nagios

Martin, Stanley G [Contractor for Sprint] Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com
Thu Apr 1 17:33:09 CEST 2004

Just thought I'd send out some Kudos for Nagios.  This morning I
received an alert that 2 of my web servers were down.  Both of these
servers are behind a Content Switch that performs load balancing to the
web servers.  When I pinged the servers, they both returned 0% packet
loss from the Content Switch, but the servers were unreachable.
Traceroute died at the Content Switch.  Sprint's Enterprise Solutions
group (IT) is using a package called Telenium that they spent a $#%&
load of money on.  It didn't pick up the problem.  It was fooled by the
0% packet loss that the Content Switch returned.

Great job done by Nagios!!!

Stanley G. Martin
System Administrator
Sprint - EAS Business Intelligence