Multiple Servers on the internet -- possible?

Blake blakes_email at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 14:46:44 CEST 2004

Im not so sure what your looking for but my thoughts
are that if these servers already have services
available on the Internet (HTTP, HTTPS, etc..) then
you have no other concerns than what you should
already have .. other than that you should be able to
get away with opening up TCP port 22 in your firewall
for SSH.  Nagios should be able to use SSH to get all
the information you need.  You could also open up SNMP
and limit access via your firewall access lists and
locally using iptables. Make sure your software is
patched and configured properly.  Those are my
thoughts.  -- Blake