Locking problems?: Nagios 1.1 on Redhat Enterp rise ES 2.1

Mark Ferlatte ferlatte at cryptio.net
Tue Sep 30 00:48:42 CEST 2003

jeff vier said on Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 04:46:20PM -0500:
> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 15:47, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> > What's your server_reaper_frequency set to?  Sounds like it's set too
> > high.
>
> I assume you meant service_reaper_frequency

Yes, sorry.  Thinking faster than typing.

> > I think the default is 10 seconds; I ended up dropping it to 2, and that
> > pretty much cleared up the problem.
>
> Are there any problems with such a low setting?  this isn't going to "lose"
> any check process results, is it?

None so far; I've got ~2500 service checks.  It does increase the load on your
monitoring host slightly (since the master nagios process is waking up more
often to collect results), but it certainly doesn't seem to be that big of a
deal.

Since Nagios is using a FIFO for the communication from the children to the
parent, it shouldn't "lose" anything.