Debug output from plugins

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Fri Sep 26 23:33:26 CEST 2003

Is there any way to get Nagios to log more of what the plugins dump to
stderr and stdout?

I'm having an issue with a custom plugin of mine, which (according to Nagios)
is /periodically/ existing with status UNKNOWN and no output (it does this
maybe 1 execution in 100).   It's a fairly simple perl script, and all
instances of exit() are preceeded by output to stdout.  So, the only reason I
can think of for Nagios to report this is if perl completely failed to compile
the script -- except then I should get some other exit value besides 3.

I suspect it's Nagios that has the problem, not the script, but I'd like to
absolutely rule out problems with the script first.  I would try dumping some
debug output from the script, except that I can't find a way to get Nagios to
capture that information... anyone have any ideas?

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110