Hosts.cfg

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Thu Sep 25 13:57:56 CEST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 Rodrigo.Magalhaes at infoglobo.com.br wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> 	I´m trying to install and configure nagios in a Red Hat 9.0
> distribution. When I edit the hosts.cfg and save, the modifications are not
> saved.

Do you mean that the changes to the file aren't saved,  or do you mean that
the changes to the file aren't reflected in Nagios?

If it's the former.. that's a unix file permissions issue.  Talk to your
systems administrator about getting access to modify those files.

If it's the latter.. Like most daemons, Nagios doesn't automatically notice
changes to its configuration files.  A restart will get it to reload.
Some daemons will also re-read config files if they receive a sig HUP, without
restarting.  I'm not sure if Nagios is one of these or not.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110