Patch to locate hosts on status map in a fast way (complete)

Creator creator at mindcreations.com
Thu Sep 25 00:07:46 CEST 2003

Hi Chosson,

you are right. I forgot to include the extinfo.c patch :)

Here it is along with the old patch and the updated instructions.

------------------------

Here is the patch to locate any host in the status map by single clicking
the detailed host page.

Look at the attached screenshots to see a little demo:

shot1: The red circle shows the new command (Host information page)
shot2: After clicking the icon you'll be forwarded on the statusmap using
"Depth Layers" method.
shot3: Another point (Status Overview for example) from where you can use
this function.

Before applying to Nagios v1.1 code you may want to change a variable to
reflect your preferred Status Map default display mode.

Here it is the list as defined in cgi/statusmap.c:

#define LAYOUT_USER_SUPPLIED            0
#define LAYOUT_SUBLAYERS                1
#define LAYOUT_COLLAPSED_TREE           2
#define LAYOUT_BALANCED_TREE            3
#define LAYOUT_CIRCULAR                 4
#define LAYOUT_CIRCULAR_MARKUP          5
#define LAYOUT_CIRCULAR_BALLOON         6

Look at the diff files and substitute the "layout=1" string with "layout=?"
where ? is a number from 0 to 6 to be chosen from the above list or just
skip this step if you are comfortable with the default setting.

Apply the patch by typing:

cd <your nagios source dir>/cgi
patch status.c <your patch path>/locate-on-map.diff
patch extinfo.c <your patch path>/locate-on-map-extinfo.diff
make;strip status.cgi extinfo.cgi;cp status.cgi extinfo.cgi <your nagios
installed dir>/sbin

Now set <your nagios installed dir>/sbin/status.cgi and extinfo.cgi
permissions as those of the other files in that dir and you have finished.

Enjoy!