Bye!

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Wed Sep 24 17:56:01 CEST 2003

Thus spake Jeremy T. Bouse (jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net) [24/09/03 11:35]:
> 	This is truly a shame... We moved from BB to Netsaint/Nagios as
> soon as our team took over the network operations because we were tired
> of tall the false-positive results from BB and the fact BB had no
> concept of "schedule maintainence" and would send emails while you knew
> the machine was down because you took it down for schedule maintainence
> window... I also found BB more of a hassle to setup than
> Netsaint/Nagios...

I'm currently working on a move from BB to Nagios for exactly the same
reasons.  BB has a rather high false positive rate, whereas I have yet to
see one come from Nagios in the past two months -- and both are monitoring
the same systems.

In fact, Nagios has validly complained about services that BB has just
blindly accepted (mostly SMTP).