NRPE and APAN

Heuser Tobias theuser at medien-service.net
Wed Sep 24 14:35:19 CEST 2003

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how can I configure NRPE graph using APAN...
I am running Nagios 1.0 on Suse Linux 8.2 with Apan 0.2.1 and Nagios Plugins
1.3.1

Apan is running and monitoring a few ping- and disk-checks of my
Nagios-Server(localhost) for testing :)
NRPE is running and does a few disk-checks and works properly on different
servers with the following commands:

for example:
On remote server in nrpe.cfg:
command[check_sda1]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p
/dev/sda1
On Nagios:
check_command                   check_nrpe!check_sda1

Now my aim is to monitor Linux servers with NRPE and APAN, I tried to
configure it but it does not work (:
commands like this:
check_command                   apan!check_nrpe!check_sda1

Then get the following apan.debug:
Wed Sep 24 13:54:18 CEST 2003 Args: check_nrpe server Disks 1064404457
check_sda1
Unknown service
Could not insert '' , '1064404457' into
/usr/share/nagios/apan/rrdtool/server_disk_usage.rrd

I'm not sure doing the right commands, please give me some hints to find out
the specials...
maybe some of you have an example for me?

Thanks a lot,

Tobias Heuser
Technical Service
Medien-Service Untermain GmbH
Tel. +49 (0) 6021 / 396-167
Fax +49 (0) 6021 / 396-155
Weichertstr. 20
63741 Aschaffenburg
email: heuser at msu.biz
www: http://www.msu.biz

HRB 2996 Aschaffenburg
Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Eymann, Reinhard Golembiewski, Dr. Helmut Teufel,
Eric Dauphin