Bye!

Jens Kruse jens.kruse at mobilcom.de
Wed Sep 24 10:23:09 CEST 2003

Hi Greg!

Greg Vickers wrote:

> That's not good that you've lost your job - I hope you get another one
> soon.

greg, I haven't lost my job, at least - not yet ;-)

> I've seen BB and have thought that it's a less flexible product. I was
> wondering if you could post to this list the reasons that your employer
> moved to BB?

I have the same opinion, BB is less flexible than Nagios.

The advantages of BB in the eyes of my employer are
- the amount of already through BB monitored hosts, appr. 400 (compared
to appr. 200 monitored hosts through Nagios)
- the base of productive scripts which monitor especially our big
Solaris systems and database installations (Oracle, Informix)
- the variety of already existing scripts for BB

The main reason from my very personal view was: they decided it this
way, they don't want Linux systems.
And - it easier to train one Nagios Admin then three BB Admins :-)

Regards, Jens
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jens Kruse