more NSCA stuff

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Tue Sep 23 23:25:59 CEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Shaun Reitan :: NDC Host wrote:

> I dont think retain_state is the problem, cuz i'm not
> stoping/starting/restarting nagios.  I sends the checks, it reads the
> correct data for a min or so and then i assume it runs the dummy command and
> returned state ok.
>
> i'm really confused why nagios is running the check_command, with nsca i
> dont understand why the check_command is even required.  i've been stuck
> on/with this problem for days now, i hope i can get this resolved soon.
>
> Thanks for the help so far.

If you have disabled active checks in the config file, and restarted nagios,
but it is still doing the active checks, the only reason left (as far as I'm
aware) is that retain state is on.. this would retain the ENABLED state of
active checks across restarts of nagios.

You can use the web interface to disable active checks for that service, so
that the active state of the configuration matches what you have in the config
file.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110