Is there a way to delay UP;HARD checks?

Sto Rage® spam at nospam.com
Sat Sep 20 01:25:38 CEST 2003

Well, isn't that the point of your monitoring? Each host has a purpose
(service) on your network, so if its not serving that purpose (service not
running) then shouldn't you consider that host as being down?
E.g. I have a Win2k Fax Server, if its not running the fax service I
consider the host as down, even if I am able to ping it, and other services
are running.
So in your case, if its not critical for you if a card is down, then why
monitor that card in the first place?
-G

"Douglas E. Warner" <dwarner at ctinetworks.com> wrote in message
news:200309191750.11062.dwarner at ctinetworks.com...