[Fwd: Nagios mysql and cgi]

Sean Whitney sean at visionary-networks.com
Sat Sep 20 00:10:32 CEST 2003

So I've compiled nagios to use mysql.  I started from scratch and have
recompiled all of it.

I used the following flags for configure

        --with-mysql-xdata \
        --with-mysql-status \
        --with-mysql-comments \
        --with-mysql-extinfo \
        --with-mysql-retention \
        --with-mysql-downtime \
        --with-mysql-inc="/usr/include/mysql" \
        --with-mysql-lib="/usr/lib/mysql"

Everything compiled fine after I moved some linking statements around.
Nagios starts and I am getting data inserted into the hostretention,
programretention and serviceretention tables.  However all the cgi
scripts give me a

Whoops!
Error: Could not read host and service status information!

When I start nagios I also get a
NAGIOS CRITICAL - could not find status log: /var/log/nagios/status.log

error as well.  As I understand it all the status entries should now be
written to the 'programstatus', 'hoststatus', and 'servicestatus' tables
in the database.

I would really like to buy a clue right about now...

TIA

Sean
--
Sean Whitney