Read-only view?

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Thu Sep 18 17:44:44 CEST 2003

Not really, at least not via Nagios configuration directives. An option,
while not exactly elegant but effective is to create a separate vhost
with a copy of the CGI's and replace cmd.cgi with a static 'You do not
have permission' page. They'll still read all the standard configs and
logs but when a user tries to execute a command they'll get your static
page instead. If you really wanted to get sophisticated you could create
a wrapper cmd.cgi that looked at the REMOTE_USER environment variable
and then redirected them either to the proper cmd.cgi (renamed
cmd_authed.cgi or something and appending QUERY_STRING of course) or to
the static page above depending on their access level.

Just some ramblings....

marc