With NSCA what check_command do you use?

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Sep 17 23:22:10 CEST 2003

Shaun,

You haven't really given a lot of detail about what you're really trying
to accomplish but from the scattering of email going around it seems
that you should probably be using NRPE instead of NSCA. NSCA took me
about 10 minutes to get set up and working for my distributed Nagios
boxen (what it's designed for).

If you're trying to set up multiple Nagios boxes polling other remote
hosts and all reporting back to a central server, NSCA is the ticket.

If you're trying to monitor local resources on remote boxes (CPU, disk,
RAM, etc), NRPE is what you want.

--
Marc

Am