CGI permissions make me mad!

Rick_Blair at fws.gov Rick_Blair at fws.gov
Wed Sep 17 17:03:46 CEST 2003

Here is something I have tried on my own.

# su - nagios
$ export REQUEST_METHOD=GET
$ export REMOTE_USER=rblair
$ export QUERY_STRING="?hostgroup=all&style=summary"
$ /usr/local/nagios/lib/cgi/status.cgi > /tmp/output.html

This produces the proper html code that I can load into a browser.

I then changed apache to allow logins and did the same steps up above as
'su - apache'.
The cgi generated the error!
I do not understand this however since I have made all ownership
nagios:apache and even added apache to nagios group.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Rick Blair
Network Engineer
USFW