Lack of "Additional Info" in alerts

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Mon Sep 15 22:31:36 CEST 2003

It's internal to the Nagios daemon and varies for every check done as it
contains the output of the check command.

If it helps, here is a variation that uses echo --

# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-email
        command_line    /bin/echo -e 'Subject: ** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **\n\n***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$'
| /bin/mail Service $SERVICEDESC$ $SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME
$CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

--
Marc