Lack of "Additional Info" in alerts

Anthony Brock anthony_brock at ous.edu
Mon Sep 15 18:11:42 CEST 2003

I'm was also experiencing this type of behavior with Nagios 1.1. After
looking into it, it appears that my notify-by-email command was
configured to use "/bin/printf". Since this command doesn't exist in
RedHat 8, I had to change it to "/usr/bin/printf".

Hope this helps!

Tony

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Bryan K. Walton wrote:

> correctly show the details.  They just don't get sent in the email.
> If anybody can point out where I might look to try and fix this, I
> would be appreciative.

The most obvious place to look is the definition of your notification
command(s).  That section is mostly likely trying to send the $OUPTUT$
variable.. depending on how your notification command is defined, it
may need
to be quoted.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration
Authority

reporting any issue.