CGI permissions problem HELP!

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Mon Sep 15 16:30:48 CEST 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Rick Blair wrote:

> 2. .htaccess works on the main web page so I have to
> assume it also works for the CGI directory since I see
> no error messages for httpd.

You shouldn't need to make this assumption.  What user does nagios report you
being logged in as?  Check the "Tactical Minitoring Overview" table in the top
left corner of the "Tactical Overview" page.

> The only conclusion I can come to is a file permission
> somewhere.  I have made all of my CGIs 755 and
> everything is owned by nagios:apache.

There are still other things that might be at fault.

Here are some questions I asked of someone last week which led to a fix of the
same problem... these are things people will need to know in order to help you
troubleshoot anyway:

What user does Nagios think you're logged in as?  (see above)
Is default_user_name enabled?  If so, what is it set to?
What is your authorized_for_* variables set to?

HTH

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110