snmp_disk help

Joe Morris morris at unc.edu
Thu Sep 11 17:18:52 CEST 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, David Gitman wrote:

| I'm very interested to see what you've done. Would you mind posting them?

I've attached a few scripts and sample configs.  I'm sure these might be
written better in Perl or C, but I don't have the time to learn Perl yet
(yeah, I know, I need to).  Some of them need to write a temporary file in
/tmp (or some other location you desire).  My net-snmp is configured so
that I don't need to specify my community on the command line, so YMMV.
Use at your own risk!  ;)  Tar file will expand about 9 files in your
current directory (no paths stored).

Remember that using the enterprises.ucdavis.extTable.extEntry.extOutput
structure in net-snmp that you can configured to do just about anything.
There are a few samples of that in here as well.

Sorry for lack of elegance and delay in getting this out, but I've been in
overdrive for a few weeks now and still lots of "beginning of the
semester"  problems are still ongoing.  Hope to see folks again at LISA
and chat some more.

Joe Morris, Web Systems Manager
Academic Technology and Networks