CGI authentication makes me mad

Rick_Blair at fws.gov Rick_Blair at fws.gov
Thu Sep 11 20:45:39 CEST 2003

Here we go Tristan,  it also make me mad.

I have been running nagios 1.0 for 5 months on Red Hat 7.3.  I built rpms
from the tar balls.

Everything was working fine.........       Then I upgraded to nagios 1.1,
again building the rpms from the tar balls.

Now I get the    "It appears as though you do not have permission to view
information for any of the hosts you requested... "

Then I down-graded back to nagios 1.0 and I still get the above error!
Even though I am using the same configs from the server that operated for 5 months without any problem!

I then went to my lab where I now realize I should have started.

I installed nagios 1.0 on one server and 1.1 on another and moved over all
of my configs.     Same results!!!

My .htaccess authentication is working.  If I run the CGI scripts from the
command line using my username,  they generate html source that can be loaded into a browser and successfully viewed with all the ouput and no error.   So I assume that my cgi.cfg file, which I haven't touched!  is still correct.

In my lab environment I have experimented with every possible combination
of permissions, turning off authentication, using the nagiocmd group with
apache and nagios as members as suggested by the documentation etc. etc.
etc. etc..

I have had our web developer look at my Apache configs to make sure I am
not crazy!!

Meanwhile nagios is running and collecting its data though I can not access it via CGI.

Help, Help Help!!!!!!!!

Rick Blair
Network Engineer
USFW