check_dns/check_dig

Steve OBrien sobrien at ci.bend.or.us
Thu Sep 11 19:52:41 CEST 2003

I am having problems configuring check_dns and check_dig as dynamic check
commands.  For instance check_ping accepts arguments passed from the
service.cfg file.  I have tried the same syntax with check_dns and
check_dig but keep getting invalid host name errors.

checkcommand.cfg:
# 'check_dns' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_dns
        command_line    $USER1$/check_dig -H $ARG1$ -l $ARG2$

service.cfg:
# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       sun-dmz-1
        service_description             DNS
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              5
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  server-admins
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command check_dig!172.20.0.5,www.ci.bend.or.us
        }