Problems with nsclient ...Connection refused by host

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Wed Sep 10 15:15:45 CEST 2003

Josh,

I have upgraded a lot of my machines to NSClient 1.084 and that helped
stability.

Matthew

"Josh Van As" <JVanas at finncorp.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
10/09/2003 13:35

<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] Problems with nsclient ...Connection refused by host

I am running nsclient 1.07.1 on about 10 different Windows 2000/2003
Servers.  On 2 of the servers, after a reboot, the nsclient occasionally
stops responding to checks?..
I issue the command:
./check_nt -H server.domain -v CPULOAD -l 5,50,80
And the response is:
Connection refused by host

The service claims to be running on the Windows box.  I even try
restarting the service to no avail.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
TIA!
-Josh